Friday, September 28, 2007

Locked out



I was on call yesterday and there was a fire drill going on so the fire alarms were going off... i was headed to the ORs to wake up a patient with one of the residents and I swiped my ID at the OR doors... Nothing... no click, just blinking lights on the pad. I swiped my ID again. Same. So I pulled on the door. still locked no way to open it. Luckily someone was exiting the locker room and I got in there and cut into the ORs. This happened on one other occasion with a different door soon after the opening of our new addition, which I chalked up to being in a new building. I don't know if this is the case with any other doors, but I'm guessing it is.

This is a serious problem. Luckily I was going to a routine wake-up with a good resident and I wasn't really needed. But we need to get into the ORs, or really anywhere in the hospital where we are needed regardless of whether a fire drill is happening or not, or a real fire, or if the building is falling down. This goes the same for the residents who may be running to a code or emergent airway.

Excuse me while I spend the next half hour composing a coherent email to the higher-ups

1 comment:

Cornelius said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that's what I think.
wood sculpture | women masterbating | Victoria flights